Whenever any patient goes in to receive medical care — may that appointment be a basic checkup, a more extensive bit of treatment, or a surgery — they are not thinking about the potential errors that could be made. No one is considering the possible negligent or irresponsible actions that can be taken by medical professionals. This is because, for the most part, we expect the best. Medical professionals are highly trained, after all. So in our minds, the possibility of a mistake being made is incredibly small.
However, even with such small odds, there is still a chance that a skilled and experienced medical professional makes an unfortunate mistake while treating a patient. And this can happen in many different contexts. As examples:
- Your surgeon could botch the procedure, causing you significant pain and potentially causing life-changing harm
- The anesthesia you receive could be improperly administered
- Your doctor may injure you while performing routine procedures
- A pharmacist could give you the wrong prescription
- Any medical professional could misdiagnose your condition or fail to diagnose your condition at all
With these things in mind, it is critical for any patient who has been negatively affected by poor medical care to consider his or her legal situation. At The Waffenschmidt Law Firm, we have extensive experience helping people file medical malpractice lawsuits and seeing them to fruition. We have a proactive and rigorous approach to these lawsuits, and we want to advocate on your behalf during this very difficult tome in your life.